Monday, January 13, 2014

Starting The Year With A Bang, And An Award Too!

Rest.
Romance.
Reset.
Rejuvenate.
Reward.

These are all of the things I've experienced since I ended 2013 with my last blog. I really, really, REALLY needed the break. Everyone needs a chance to clear their mind and reset their imagination, and that's exactly what I've been doing. If you get a chance to breathe, I suggest you do so for yourself. In the middle of my literary sabbatical, I got the news that I was receiving the Sunshine Blogger Award. What a fantastic way to start off 2014, right? The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given among bloggers to recognize one another for spreading rays of sunshine and motivation. So yep, you can just call me Mr. Ray of Sunshine!

Contingent on accepting the award, I must pay homage to the person that nominated me. Russelyn Williams has been a guest blogger for me, and I've had the pleasure of appearing on her radio show "The Good Life" heard on iHeartRadio a few times. Russelyn also has a blog of her own that I absolutely LOVE called Intercession For A Generation that you can visit by going to intercession4ageneration.org.

The following questions have been asked from blogger to blogger, therefore I must answer them in a "getting to know me" style. No acceptance speech of me thanking the academy is necessary at this point, so here goes:
  1. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning? Morning devotion: meditation in prayer, confirmation in reading, and inspiration in music. It's better than breakfast! 
  2. What is your greatest fear? Being in the same room with clowns and mimes (take a minute to insert your laughter here).
  3. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2014? Do things for me because I MATTER!
  4. What is your favorite song at the moment? Prince "Call My Name". My God, that song is intoxicating and dangerous at the same time!
  5. What is your favorite childhood memory? 1975, walking up the tunnel at Wrigley Field getting my first look at the ballpark, the ivy covered walls, and the ballplayers that looked like giants to me throwing the baseball around. I've been a Cub fan ever since!
  6. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook.
  7. What did the last text message you received say? "That's one way of looking at it". Referring to the good I see in snow when most of my friends seem to hate it. 
  8. What bugs you the most? Missed romantic opportunities (my own especially).
  9. What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house? My oven. Dinner for one won't make itself.
  10. If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be? Rose Royce "I Wanna Get Next To You". Classic old school straight to the point music.
  11. What’s your favorite movie quote? There are SO many from my favorite movie Brown Sugar, but if I had to pick just one quote it would be "I don't know why your heart doesn't do what your mind tells it".
My nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
Baggage Reclaim by Natalie Lue, baggagereclaim.co.uk 
The Life of Dad by Brian Klems, thelifeofdad.blogspot.com 

I'm honored and thankful for this recognition, and now it's time to get back to writing again. Type you later...

No comments: