Monday, March 24, 2014

Coming Full Circle (in 300 words or less)



There are lessons, and then…there are LESSONS! I’ve been writing this blog on a full time basis for a while now; and each for lesson I write, I’ve had to live it out and understand it for myself first. It’s my hope that as you read each lesson, it speaks to you and it helps you in some way. Last week I learned a little something about myself. Some days it feels like I have a long way to go before I get to it, and other days it feels like I’m so close I can touch it. What is this “it” that I’m talking about?  It’s the lesson of the full circle.

My story has been well documented: Boy meets girl, boy loves girl, girl loves boy, boy marries girl, boy over time becomes an idiot, girl divorces boy, boy becomes a man and meets woman who is no longer a girl, man loves the woman who is no longer a girl but in a completely different way, and so on, and so on…  You can say that my life is all about circles: some full, and some yet to be finished. I was thinking about full circles last week when I realized this year I will be divorced just as long as I’ve been married. 12 years married…12 years divorced. Man, talk about your life coming full circle.

The lesson of my full circle is realizing there is nothing wrong with starting over again. My question to you is if it took you 12 years to get it right to be with the one you really love, would you do it? For me it’s a yes, but this is only for those of you who can handle living out something like this. My story, my lesson, my testimony.


No comments: