Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lessons In 300 Words Or Less



Writing is a gift that I thank God for everytime I sit in front of my keyboard. In a zone of thoughts and expressions, I get carried away with the imagination of letting my fingertips talk for me. Sometimes I can’t keep up with what my mind wants me to type, so I keep a little book and a pen for when things strike me. Anyone who knows me knows that I keep filling the pages up with stuff that I’d piece together later. I’m thankful for blogging which gives me the ability to express myself, even when all I have is an audience of one. When you read what I come up with, it’s after careful study and editing over and over again before I release it to you. Some readers have fallen off because they say the writings are a bit too much for them to consume. Albeit good writing, people judge it based on how long it is. I think it’s a little unfair but instead of complaining, it got me to thinking. I make no apologies for it but I needed a challenge, and the hamster wheel in my head wouldn’t stop turning until I narrowed the ideas down. The hardest thing for me to do is put my thoughts down for others to read. It’s even harder to do when all you have are 300 words to capture the thought and explain it well enough for people while giving room for others to formulate an opinion of their own. Once a week, my challenge is to bring you my chronicles briefly and concisely, while still being as funny and informative as I can…all in 300 words or less. This should be just the motivation needed to challenge myself and still cater to all the readers.   

And for those of you keeping count, the above paragraph was exactly 300 words, so stay tuned…

No comments: