Monday, December 31, 2012

The End of the Year Address

So as we wrap up the year, what are you attracted to, and what are the qualities you look for in a potential mate? Let’s just get the obvious one out of the way first...looks. Come on and face it, we're all looking for someone we think is hot. Now that doesn’t mean they have to be the most gorgeous person in the world, but they do need to be bringing the sexy in our eyes at least. Most of you are also looking for someone who is financially secure and can provide a certain kind of lifestyle. It’s okay, there's nothing wrong with that and you’re not shallow or anything. You’re also looking for a man with personality who can make you laugh, and get’s your jokes. You want someone you can talk to about life, love and the world. All of these qualities are great and important, but one thing I’ve discovered is that at one point or another, the importance of all these qualities will eventually fade.

Even men who in their eyes marry the most beautiful women in the world, eventually get to the point where its not really that big of a deal anymore. Even women who are married to super-successful men who can give them anything that money can buy get divorced sometimes, right? To be honest ladies, there are going to be many days when even with that great personality and sense of humor, he is going to annoy the hell out of you. In my experience, I’ve found there is one quality in a mate that you will never get tired of, and that is...their character.

Through it all, you never get tired of character and integrity. There will be days when you’ll feel like "whatever" about their looks. There will be times when you could care less that they can talk intelligently about many different subjects, or that they tell funny stories. One thing however you’ll never get tired of is how much you admire and respect them. You’ll never get tired of being able to say, “I respect this person so much, I would like to be more like this person and I can see this man or woman raising my children!” I promise you as sure as I am a man writing this, I live to hear exactly that. There are many attractive qualities in the mix of a relationship that make it work. But take my advice, make sure character, and how much you respect that person, is at the top of the list in your new year.

I learned a lot about myself, about others, and especially about relationships. It has been a pleasure opening my lesson plan to write 76 entries in 115 days to be viewed over 7600 times 2012. Some of these lessons have been from my own personal triumph and tragedy. Most lessons have been from what people are talking about (or not talking about) with their significant others. I encourage you in either case to learn from Relationship Lessons to make for a better 2013, and I hope I got you closer to doing just that. I'll be back on January 7th, so class is dismissed until then...

Peace & Blessings,
Delvin

facebook.com/min.randle
facebook.com/relationshiplessons
twitter.com/delvinrandle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charachter is very important because it means you are a good person. I really think you need all three for a relationship to work. I've dated men who had good character but were broke as hell, and or not compatible. Im happy that I've met someone who is good, and stable financially. Because he has good character he recognize that his responsibility as a man is to take care of me and our girls. I do work but thankfully I don't have to its my choice to help our family.