Monday, April 14, 2014

Men and Feelings


Who was the first fool that said real men don’t have feelings? I just want to meet them. It's said that real men are supposed to be SUPERHUMAN or something? Knock it off please! Jesus wept, Superman had kryptonite, and even the Tin Man cried with no heart. Please stop buying into this macho garbage. Yes, men do have feelings even if we never say it. There are times when we hurt, and if it hurts bad enough, we even cry. Does that make me weak, or any less of a man? What it makes me, is human!

From a man’s earliest memories, we are taught that any expression of our feelings make us soft, and crying is acting like a girl. If you were hurt, MAN UP! I spent most of my childhood hiding damn near every pain I ever felt. The funniest part of that is my childhood was the weakest and most painful point of my life. Fortunately I learned better, however most men live their entire lives buying into this lie.

For many of us, we are brainwashed into believing we’re supposed to be emotionally numb. It’s no wonder so many of us are messed up. Most of us are taught the wrong things and expected to do right. It even spills over to our women, to a point where they don’t know how to deal with a man who can express himself.

The earliest stages of your emotional development will dictate how you function as an adult. On the one hand, most men hear we’re not supposed to show emotions, yet sleeping with as many women as you can and keeping everything bottled up makes you a man. Now, we are dysfunctional adults hopping in and out of relationships, because we don’t know how to function in one.

I can’t speak for everyone, but for me and many others, we do have feelings. I can honestly say that I can’t wait until I talk to The One whom I can share my secrets with. The moment that I can enjoy being open to the point where she can share my weakest moment, and see all of my strengths at the same time. Just remember, unlike Santa Claus and talking M&M’s, real men with feelings do exist… 

facebook.com/RelationshipLessons
twitter.com/RShipLessons

1 comment:

Chris Lesnar said...

I totally agree with you, since childhood we are told not to cry and hide our feelings. I think men want equal emotional support and counselling.