Monday, July 11, 2016

Spellbound

Singers, songwriters, poets and novelists have been writing about love for centuries. Even bloggers have had their share in writing about it, just not for as long. It has to be the number one topic out there. Reminiscing on that moment when you fell for each other after exchanging a “hello” and the next thing you know, he/she has put a spell on you. If you listen to love songs close enough, you can hear the joy of being found in it. If you listen to love songs even closer, you can hear the heartbreak in it too. We all try to describe that magic moment in song when boy meets girl. Songs like "Slow Jam" by Midnight Starr, Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" or "I Miss You" from Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes represent to me some of the best of what music has to offer on the subject. 
There are so many songs on the subject, it’s endless. No one has ever been able to figure it out. That’s the beauty of love. That moment when two people, two strangers meet, and it happens. No one has been able to figure out how and why it happens. Think about it. You’re going about your everyday life, you’re getting coffee, checking out a class, having conversation with a friend, texting somebody, when all of a sudden, you walk into a restaurant and there they are. You look at them and they look at you, and there is this moment, when everything seems to stop. Everything seems to cease in that moment. You walk over, you smile, they smile back at you and the next thing you know, the story of boy meets girl begins.
You put a spell on them just as much as they put a spell on you. We don’t know what it is. How can two souls all of a sudden find each other and feel like they’ve known each other forever? It is an amazing feeling that we all crave, desire and want. Some of us are very lucky, and we have had this happen to us quite a few times in our lives. Other people have never had it happen, and that is where it comes down to being.
How open are you to receive love? If you are an open center of receiving love, then love will find you. Do you know why? Because loves always finds people who are open, wide open. My entire life, I’ve always believed that I can meet someone amazing. It’s always been my mindset. I’ve never been shut down to a relationship. There are times in my life that I haven’t desired a relationship, but whenever I make the decision that I really want a spectacular, amazing relationship, God will deliver it. I’ll have that magic moment.
I’ve been this way since I was maybe 16 years old. It’s a mindset and a belief system that I’ve instilled in myself. I have met many people that will walk around and say they want a relationship but they never seem to meet the right person. I also have met many people that have never really been lucky in love. They will even tell the universe they do not feel lucky in love, so of course the universe will happily deliver exactly what they ask for. They will tell the universe that there are no good people out there. Nobody really wants somebody like them, and they must have missed their chance. I used to hear that, especially from people who used to be in my circle. Key word: "used to be."
I have always found amazing love in my life. I know the skeptic inside of you must be saying, if I found such amazing loves in my life, then how am I not married by now, and why am I single at this present moment? Some love lasts a short time, and some love lasts a long time. In the reality in which we live, very few of us find a love that lasts a lifetime, but if you keep going and moving, you will find that love can occupy your time to the point that you no longer depend on time to tell you how long its been. You’ll find love that will allow you to grow, blossom, learn, be inspired, and inspire others. You will find it in your friendships, and you will find it in your romance. It took some time, but I've come to the understanding as Stephanie Mills would sing better than I could say, I've Learned to Respect The Power of Love. 
If you believe love is going to find you, and you believe that love is abundant, you are not going to settle for relationships that don’t serve you well, and you are not going to settle for relationships that don’t inspire you either. If you truly believe that you are an amazing, loving, caring human being, then love will show up as it always does. It will show up on that random Friday afternoon in September. It will show up on a cold wintry day when everybody is so shut down, and when all of a sudden love shows up in the local supermarket. It shows up in all of the most unique places, and it does that because love has no timeline and no boundary. It only delivers to the people who actually believe in it.
The question is, right now, do you believe in love? (I think that may be a song. I know that it’s probably a book, and it’s even been a movie title or two.) If you truly do believe in love, no matter what your age, love is going to knock on the door and it’s going to show up. Believe it, because in my entire existence on this planet, I have always believed that love will show up. Sure enough, when I’m ready for it, when I’ve gone through whatever transformation, whatever necessary lesson that I needed to go through, or whatever work I needed to do on myself, the universe will let love show up.
When I am ready to love and be loved again, it will show up as if by magic. We know it’s not really magic, because I manifested it, and the universe made it happen. You can make it happen for you too, if you believe in it...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!!

Delvin Randle said...

Thank you Darvi!

James Zicrov said...

I feel there is a need to provide more and more information about various other aspects of marriage counseling as well.

Marriage Counseling Fort Myers