Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fall In "Like"

Ok, after a couple of days of thinking if I went too far on my maiden blog voyage, I've slapped myself, took several deep breaths, prayed, and now its time to go on...

In my head, there are SO many lessons to share, but where do I begin? What stands out over another to justify writing a little something about it? I started this process over time with a black leather bound book I call "the cakebook". Through the years in the cakebook I wrote sayings and quick quotes and notes to share on Facebook, and depending on its response I made note of what others have overwhelmingly agreed with. So, enough  stalling....let's go!

RELATIONSHIP LESSON: Just because its not what you expected, doesn't mean its not everything you've been waiting for. The truth is, love comes in so many different packages and can be perceived to be nothing when its actually the something that you really need. With patience, timing and the right words said, any coal can become a diamond when its been worked on properly. I guess the best way to practice this lesson is to fall in "like" before you fall in "love". This practice has been not only the downfall of me, but countless others as well. So how do you fall in like?
1) Listen - pay attention to everything (even the jokes have meaning).
2) Watch - character is defined over what is done when no one is paying attention.
3) Discern - don't be afraid to use your God-given intellect. Red flags are red for a reason.


More lessons tomorrow. No turning back now, we're on our way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree by listening, watching, & discernment you can learn alot about a persons character.

Delvin Randle said...

Its the only way you can find out the soul of a person.