Monday, September 10, 2012

Love It Now, or Lose It Later...

RELATIONSHIP LESSON: Those who don't appreciate or acknowledge the presence of real love, always end up recognizing and regretting the absence of it later.

In other words, when you have a chance at real love, don't blow it! Sometimes love takes a vacation, and doesn't come back around as often as it did before, so you have to embrace it when it makes an appearance. There were times I was full of myself in my "bastard days", I thought I would never be without love. During those times I was never without attention, but I lived my life without a real true genuine sense of love in my life for a long time. Most men have the cocky sense of believing that the attention they get equates in some way to how people must love them. Living off the attention of others will have you thinking that "you still got it", when in fact you're dying from the fact that "you don't got it at all". One of the greatest lessons learned was in order to be loved, you have to first be lovable. I can admit when I was a bastard, I couldn't BE lovable. Now don't get me wrong, I love being romantic and giving attention, but doing those things was usually assumed to come with some benefits for me at the end of the day. Which meant I wasn't doing it for her, I was doing it for me. Just a selfish bastard I was, I know. Since then I'll be the first to admit that I appreciate real love mostly because of the void of real love that I've had over my life. I've learned to become self-less by putting her needs first, instead of being selfish and just looking out for me. It took a while for it to return, but once it did, I've decided to not only embrace love but to put love in a head lock and never let go of that feeling ever again!

No comments: