Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Attraction Series: Personality

Have you ever wondered “How can I attract the right guy?” Well, in my 3 part series on attraction, I’m sharing with you what I find attractive in a woman. The 3 main topics are Looks, Personality, and Depth. You’ve probably heard the saying “She’s got beauty AND brains!” or some other variation. That’s because once you get past the initial attraction of looks, you’re going to need something more if you want a meaningful relationship. Looks are really only a small part of attraction. In today’s post, I’ll share with you my thoughts on Personality and how you can get past the initial attraction into something more meaningful.

Let me start off with this. At no point am I saying you should completely change yourself or be something you’re not. You need to be yourself, and you need to be comfortable with who you are. But one thing you can always do is improve yourself. Yes, we should be happy with who we are, but we should also constantly strive to become better. When I think of personality, I think of what is beneath the surface. Things like sense of humor, interests, emotions and so on. The things that make up your personality make you unique. One thing about personality that is really important to me is drama, rather, lack there of. Honestly, no one likes drama, but it’s much more attractive to be with someone who is more relaxed and down to earth. Don’t turn little things into major problems and don’t act like the world revolves around you. I think most people will agree that it's just a big turn-off. The other thing is games. I for one hate the dating games. It’s much more attractive to me when I can avoid playing games.

The key to personality is to really know and understand yourself. Know what good personality traits you have, and know which ones you need to work on. It doesn’t help if you just ignore the bad things or don’t give yourself credit for the good things. Spend some time on yourself and find out the things you like about yourself and the things you want to work on. Your personality is a big part of who you are, so make an effort to better understand it. Take some personality tests, write a list of things you want to highlight and things you want to improve on, or ask a close friend. The goal is to not tear yourself apart, but to better understand who you are. This will make you more confident, and in the end, much more attractive. When you know who you are, you will understand more about why you do what you do. You will become more confident, you will know what you want in a man and you will be able to avoid playing those pointless games. A good personality will help you carry past the initial attraction of looks and into something a lot more meaningful, which is what we all want, isn’t it?

Next time I'll talk about Depth, and how that applies to the overall attractiveness of a woman, so stay tuned...

facebook.com/min.randle
facebook.com/relationshiplessons
twitter.com/delvinrandle

No comments: